Callie Kingston: Conference Time: Society of Childrens Book Writers...

So how lucky am I to be attending the SCBWI Conference ( http://www.scbwior.com/events/spring.html) in Portland, Oregon today and tomorrow? Very lucky indeed. May I just say that author Emily Whitman is a true delight? And the opportunity to glean some valuable feedback and insight from her is priceless. Go check out Radiant Darkness, her debut novel, and Wildwing, out last year. I can't wait to get my signed copies from her tomorrow. In addition, editor Martha Mihalek of Greenwillow Books was in the house and talked with our YA authors group about how to create authentic worlds for our characters to inhabit. It's been a long YA day, but I'm wired and set to get cracking on my work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete